Our School Day and Late/Absence Procedures
Our School Day:
Our total compulsory school hours per week is: 32.5 hours
Registration - EYFS & KS1 (Reception/ Year 1/ Year 2): 8:45am until 8:55am
KS2 (Years 3, 4, 5, 6): 8:45am until 8:55am
End of school day - EYFS & KS1 (Reception/ Year 1/ Year 2): 3:15pm
KS2 (Years 3, 4, 5, 6): 3:15pm
If your child is absent you must:
● Contact us as soon as possible on the first day of absence;
● Send a note in on the first day they return with an explanation of the absence – you must do this even if you have already telephoned us; Or, you can call into school and report to reception, who will arrange for a member of staff to speak with you. If your child is absent we will:
● Telephone or text you on the first day of absence if we have not heard from you;
● Invite you in to discuss the situation with a senior member of staff if absences persist;
● Refer the matter to the County Attendance Team if attendance moves below 90% where appropriate.
Poor punctuality is not acceptable. If your child misses the start of the day they can miss work and do not spend time with their class teacher getting vital information and news for the day. Late arriving pupils also disrupt lessons; it can be embarrassing for the child and can also encourage absence.
How we manage lateness:
The school teaching day starts at 8:45am and we expect your child to be in class at that time. Registers are marked by 9:00 a.m. and your child will receive a late mark (L) if they are not in by that time. At 9:15 a.m. the registers will be closed and your child will receive a (U code).
In accordance with the Regulations, if your child arrives after that time they will receive a mark that shows them to be on site, but this will not count as a present mark and it will mean they have an unauthorised absence. This may mean that you could face the possibility of a Penalty Notice if the problem persists. If your child has a persistent late record you will be asked to meet with a senior member of staff to resolve the problem, but you can approach us at any time if you are having problems getting your child to school on time.